September 22, 2020
We hope you and your children are enjoying the start of the 2020–21 school year! We could not have achieved this milestone without every one of you. I am grateful for your support and your faith in our school. Together we will accomplish this shared goal: the safe return of our students, teachers, and school staff to classroom and remote learning.
To bring this shared goal to fruition, we have put in place rules and regulations that will guide our actions. We are confident in our ability to provide your children with a healthy, safe, and engaging education. We ask that all members of our community follow the guidelines outlined below:
Guidelines for Remote Instruction:
- Attendance will be taken during the first live lesson each day. The child must be present for the first live lesson to be marked present.
- Each day, students should check the stream and the classwork tab in Google Classroom. Assignments and Announcements will be posted each day.
- Students should remain muted unless speaking.
- Please keep background noises to a minimum.
- Please limit special guests, such as pets, siblings, and toys. The lessons are designed for our students and only the student should be visible on the screen.
- Students should stay in one spot with their device. Moving around can make it difficult for other students to focus.
- Please remember that the camera view may be wider than you expected so be sure to dress appropriately if you are in view of the camera.
- The chat box and the stream are used for instructional purposes only.
- Please do not record or take pictures of the lesson. This is a violation of the other students’ privacy rights.
Guidelines for In Person Instruction:
- Students may only attend on the day assigned to their cohort.
- Students should only attend school when feeling healthy and are fever free.
- Parents are asked to take their child’s temperature prior to arriving at school.
- Parents must complete a daily health screening for each child and the child must present clearance before entering the building.
- Please have child care back up in the event your child becomes sick in school and is sent home.
- Please see the attached guidelines from Chancellor Carranza for detailed information on the health screening.
Thank you for your cooperation and support. We are looking forward to a wonderful year.